John Clark (Holdings) Limited ("we, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.john-clark.co.uk (and any sub-domains unless expressly excluded), www.johnclarkleasing.co.uk (“our sites”), our social media pages e.g. https://www.facebook.com/johnclarkmotorgroup/?fref... or using our live chat available through those websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is John Clark (Holdings) Limited (Company No: SC098411) of Alliance Centre, Greenwell Road, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, AB12 3AX.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our sites, uploading personal data on our social media pages, using our live chat facility on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, face to face or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, details about your family, your hobbies and your driving licence;
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we collect certain technical information and information about you by using cookies. Please see section on Cookies for further information;
· Information we receive from other sources. If you have submitted enquiries to third party websites that we have a relationship with (e.g. Gforces/Autotrader), they pass your personal information (e.g. any personal information within your enquiry, email and telephone) to us.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provided we have your consent, we may use your information to provide you with information by email, text, post and/or telephone about other goods and services we offer that are the same or similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. If you no longer want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us (see details below) or following the instructions on any marketing communication;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer and improve our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
· Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, which includes car manufacturers, finance companies;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site e.g. Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog and Buzzumo Pro;
- credit reference agencies such as Experian for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer (or prospective seller or buyer) of such business or assets;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We hold your information in the UK and will not transfer this information outwith the EEA without your permission.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We shall only retain your data for as long as is necessary and generally, we would dispose of your data after what we would consider a reasonable period of time in a secure manner.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.